CHICAGO CUTLERY KNIFE SET
The Chicago Cutlery knife set includes seventeen knives and a block with a sharpener built into it. The best cookware knives in the set are forged from a single piece of stainless steel and sharp enough to peel a tomato without the need to grip it too tightly causing smashing. The set includes steak, paring, and a chef knife. The set also includes shears.
It is recommended that this knife set be washed by hand in order to prevent rusting that can occur if it is placed in the dishwasher.
Chicago Cutlery Knife Set Features:
- Heavy-duty forged bolsters; the full tang blades are high carbon stainless steel.
- The ergonomic polymer handles on the knife set are secured to the blade with triple stainless steel rivets.
- The set includes a block with sharpener and shears, 8 4-1/2 inch forged steak knives, an eight-inch slicer, and eight inch chef’s knife.
- 5-inch boning, 3 and 3 ½ inch parer, seven inch serrated bread knife and Santoku knife.
Chicago Cutlery Knife Set Reviews:
For a customer review CLICK HERE
This knife set has a total of one hundred and five amazon reviews giving an overall average rating of four and a half out of five stars.
The most helpful negative review gave the unit a rating of three out of five stars. The reviewer found that the price was good and the knife set was good as a starter set. The storage block was convenient but the visual craftsmanship was not up to standards.
Some reviewers had problems with the set rusting after a few weeks. The company told them that it could be a result of placing the set in the dishwasher. Another reviewer had a problem with rust even though they did not place the knife set in the dishwasher. The knife set did not hold an edge and was difficult to sharpen.
We have found that Amazon carries this knife set with excellent pricing. CLICK HERE to see for yourself!
The most helpful positive review gave the set a rating of five out of five stars.
The set was rather sharp and made it easy to peel tomatoes without smashing them. The only complaint was that the steak knives are not serrated making them oversized paring knives. The majority of reviewers found that the set was sharp and the shears were easier to clean since they came apart. The knife set was easy to use with the handles making it easy to grip them. The knife block was found to be superior and kept the knives in great shape. The fact that the set was sharp out of the box was a plus for the Chicago cutlery set.
Meal preparation was made easier with these knives and the reviewers, even the negative reviewers were impressed with the sharpness of the set. Rust was not a problem for those that did not use the dishwasher to clean the set. The fact that reviewers overall were satisfied and the set was found to be durable and sharp means we can recommend the knife set to reviewers.
- Professional high-carbon stainless steel forged blades with stainless steel handles
- Exclusive Taper Grind edge technology provides optimum sharpness for precise cutting and is easy to re-sharpen
- High-carbon stainless steel creates a stronger, harder blade resisting stains, rust and pitting
- Full metal tang extends from the tip of the blade to the end of the knife forming part of the handle; provides added strength, balance, and control
- Forged bolster keeps your fingers from running up on the blade It also increases weight, balance and safety